Monday, April 13, 2009

New week..

The weekend was tiring but fun. Easter breakfast (for the church) went well...Jesse made a 10lb bag of Krusteaz mix into waffles...the whole bag. We also had bacon and sausage and someone brought a big tub of strawberries! Jesse and I were thankful for all of the help. His mom and sister cooked bacon and sausage, while Jesse did waffles. I set up and served along with Carlina and another lady. Several washed all of the dishes when we were done. We had a nice dinner of roast lamb and turkey at Grandma's. Jesse's Grandma (who is 91) was at Grandma's on Sat and we enjoyed visiting with her. She still lives by herself and drives. She is doing very well.

I woke up today with a sore throat and general malaise...glad I didn't have to go anywhere today. I worked on the laundry (there is a huge mound that is now done, but not put away) and picked up the house. The older kids did school....the others had today off. Julia and I studied Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformation. Made vegetable rice soup (I think I put too much thyme in it!) but it is okay and thawed some frozen rolls.

Prayer for today: (by Bob Hostetler)

1. Pray for my child's Salvation:
"Lord, let salvation spring up within my children, that they may receive by grace and rejoice in the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory."(Isaiah 45:8 and 2 Timothy 2:10)

2 comments:

Glenda Christina said...

You are amazing with how much you do! Hope you have some relaxing you time planned.

Robin said...

Hi, Glenda! I saw on Facebook that you had some sick kids...how is everyone today?