Monday, April 27, 2009

Blahs..

I haven't felt very bloggy lately. I think all the troubles of the world and the ups and downs of life sometimes get to me. This morning I was feeling overwhelmed by it all and went to read one of my favorite verses:

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest in your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

I adore what Charles Swindoll has to say about this in "The Greatest Life of All... Jesus":

"Jesus' yoke illustration conveys an invitation with three parts:

**He invites us to exchange the tiresome burden of legalism for a lifelong Sabbath of the Soul.

**He invites us to accept Him as our teacher so that we might learn how He coped, He managed stress, He faced pressures of the world, He forgave, ministered to others, and how He remained connected to the Father.

**He invites us to reject slavery to religiosity, wealth, status, relationships or anything that burdens us so that we might become a slave to Him.

The best word to describe servitude to Jesus Christ is refreshment."

Wow, refreshment! Relief! Rest! All that only through Jesus....what or who else is there, really? We can look at the things going on in the world and not lose heart....we can deal with the daily pressures of living with joy and ease...we can take a deep breath and rest in Him.

On a different note, we are looking at a house out in the country. It isn't a large house but it has a bit of land with it...just about an acre. It would be nice to be out of town. Julia isn't too happy, she likes living in town...close to the park, pool, church, friends. The others seem to be okay. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a basement that could be made into a room for Colton...a large master where we could have Jesse and I's bed and the boy's bunkbed...so we will see. I'm not terribly keen on moving again so soon. We will probably make a low offer, so small chance that it would go through anyway.

No comments: