Thursday, April 9, 2009

Grandpa...Target and a human experiment....

Today I went with Jesse to SC to...he was going to visit his dad who has been ill with a very contagious virus but is on the mend. I rode along, but decided not to go in with him (I had Anna with me). I didn't want to accidentally expose either of us. Jesse dropped me off at Target to wait for them. I knew it was going to be awhile, since Jesse would be helping his dad with bills, taxes, etc. I did some shopping....a dry erase/magnet board, laundry detergent, Easter candy, diapers, a gift for a baby shower and then waited in the food bar. While waiting I ate some chicken tender with ranch dressing and drank a coke. I was in Target for 3...yes 3...count them...3 hours!!! During that time Anna slept, played, cried and eyed my food (it makes her very mad as of late, to see me eating!). Multiple people commented on her hair (which was quite wild today) and 2 said she looked like a baby doll. One lady came up and made a totally obscure observation about polar bear mothers protecting babies from their fathers...out of the blue. Another gave me a tract about Heaven, telling me the Lord had told her to give it to me. She told me that she had lost an 11-year old daughter named Ann last summer due to a horseback riding accident. ...heartbreaking!!! Later I opened the tract and found a $20 bill inside. All in all, very interesting and I wondered what more would have taken place if I would have been there all day.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

shows there are still some good people out there...and 3 hours in target..I would have either spent all our money or would have lost my mind..