Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dumbfounded...

That is what I feel like most of the time. I was doing some research on antidepressants and found that many people are in the same boat as me. It seems they may affect our ability to communicate, both written and verbally. I am constantly searching for the right words and writing creatively seems to have flown out the window with the coo-coo bird. One lady said that she couldn't write any poetry until she got off her meds; that is weird and sad. I was mainly doing the research because Jesse's dad is on Wellbutrin and really having trouble with confusion and communication. It may be linked so they are taking him off of it. He has Parkinsons and Depression, so they will probably have to find something else to help him. I guess I would rather sound like a blithering idiot (many said they felt like their vocabulary had reverted to a middle school level) then be lying in bed, unable to move, in a deep depression. It is sad to have to give up something that I find very precious, however. What if one day my speech sounds like a Dick and Jane book....

2 comments:

cherrie said...

that's why I am so stupid!!

Robin said...

Silly goose!!!