Monday, March 9, 2009

Who is our Master?

Matthew 11:28 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30 “For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

This is one of my very favorite Bible verses. What Master do we serve? We are kidding ourselves if we say that we don't serve any master...that we are our own master and answer to no one. We all serve something...whether it be money, false religion, humanism, food, t.v., etc. Jesus is the perfect Master.....while things may not be perfect in this physical world and we may go through trials because of our devotion to Him, we always have peace and security serving the One. Sometimes as followers of Jesus we look away and serve other things temporarily....that always brings grief and sin. But "Rest for our souls"....that is so wonderful and encouraging in this messed up world.

No comments: