Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dinner with Grandpa...

He did pretty good tonight...we are still not sure what caused his descent into utter confusion but he seems to be having more moments of clarity. We ate Mexican, which is his favorite and had a nice time. After dinner, we took him back home. Jesse went to his room for a moment to get something for him...he asked me why Jesse had dropped off the kids and left and said he didn't understand what was happening. He looked so sad. Some of the worse trials in my marriage, well, actually my life, have been brought on by this man, but I don't wish this on him. To be confused and realize you are confused...that must be terrible. Not so bad if one is in la-la land and doesn't know it, but he struggles with it. He has changed so much since his divorce in 2002, that you really wouldn't recognize him now.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

sorry to hear about grandpa...glad to see some positive actions for you all. I have missed all of you...I re-applied to living large so hopefully will be back soon....love the new computer we got!