Saturday, January 24, 2009

It works...

Thanks to a loan from a very generous family member we got the corn burner going!!! Just in time, too! I woke up this morning to a very cold house. Our gas furnace had gone out sometime in the night...the house was 58 degrees and dropping (outside it was -2). Jesse came home from his night shift and checked on the furnace. He can't really see what is wrong with it but no hurry now. We went up to the fireplace store and purchased the part and now we have a roaring fire in the corn burner. God is in all the little details and He worked things out perfectly for us.

Jesse is very tired from working all night and being up most of the day working on getting our house heated. He works again tonight and then has 2 days off. The night shift really takes its toll.

Here is a wonderful quote on prayer..."Take God for your spouse and friend and walk with him continually, and you will not sin and will learn to love and the things you must do will work out prosperously for you." St. John of The Cross

I love to spend the day with God...to joyfully commune with Him and discuss every aspect of my life with Him. To wake up knowing He is there and will walk with me every moment. It is easy for me to fall off the road He has set for me. I want to read His word and talk to Him and stay on the narrow path that He leads me down. I often fall short of this vision but that is my goal each day.

No comments: