Thursday, January 29, 2009

Homeschooling...

Just finished R.C. Sproul jr.'s book "When You Rise Up...a Covenantal Approach to Homeshooling". Really made me think and really anxious to bring Alicia, Katie and Garrett back home. I am sad that I sent them back to school for 2 years, felt like it was a "cop-out" on my part, but what is done is done. Now I am trying to look to the future and I am excited about it. R.C. says the goal of education is to "know God". He stresses learning as a "conversation between parent and child". He says our goal is not to produce great athletes, learned scholars (not that this is bad) but Godly people. I am not judging you if you don't homeschool. This is about me and what is lying on my conscience.

Click here
to read a blog about bringing our kids back home.

No comments: