Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The mystique of Twilight...

I saw the movie "Twilight" last night...it was playing at a local theater ($4 a ticket) and DH and I wanted to get out of the house. We took DD (15) with us. Twilight is a big hit with teen girls (and their moms!). My sis lent me the book when she visited back in October.

After the movie I was pondering what made the story such a hit. I came up with this...within the romance, beautiful people etc. etc. there is the message that every girl craves--someone who is totally addicted/obsessed to/with them. At one point Edward says to Bella "I feel very protective of you." I was thinking how women search for this in men and how this "all-consumingness" doesn't really satisfy and so they keep searching or at least love to read about it and watch it in movies. I was thinking of the One who can fill this need and who is so frequently overlooked. He is totally in love with us, will never leave us, protects us, leads us and is just the opposite of a monster who sucks peoples blood...He is Jesus. We want to be seen as glorious and wonderful, one is who is worth dying for...guess what? Jesus did! He loved us so much and when we accept Him as our Saviour, we can bask in His glory. We are glorious in Him.

No comments: