Sunday, October 19, 2008

1 week old (almost)

Last week at this time we were getting ready to head to the hospital. I can't believe it has been a week already. Our first week has been really good, minus the sickness that our household can't seem to get rid of. We keep passing it back and forth and getting it again. I pray that Anna doesn't get sick. I think newborns are pretty well protected. I feel like my recovery has been wonderful. Not having an episiotomy makes a huge difference in my getting back to normal, plus only having the epi in my system for a short time. With the 2 deliveries that I had one (episiotomy) it took me a long time to feel good and it is always harder to recover after an epidural. I have yet to have an induced labor without one (epidural) and this time was no exception. Those concentrated contractions are painful!

Anna seems to be very pleasant, just like she was in the womb. She is interested in what is going on around her and loves to hear the voices of her siblings. It is so fun to dress a little girl again, we are drowning in pink! Nursing is going good, too. She was 6lbs 13 oz at her weight check on Friday and having lots of wet and messy diapers. They want me to bring her in next week (Wed) for another weight check to make sure she gets back to her birth weight. I was always happy if they hit their birth weight at the 2 week check-up, so don't know what they are concerned about this early. All in all we are loving having a new baby. For being an old lady I feel great and could do this again:)I turn 39 in 2 weeks so not saying I will do this again but never say never. God has blessed us so much and I am very thankful.

This is Julia's birthday week, she turns 13 on the 23rd. She is such a big help to me but has been so sick lately. I hope she is well for her birthday. We took her out for pizza today and I am taking her shopping on her birthday. She also has a 13 yr checkup this week with our PA. We are just giving her money for her birthday so she can buy the clothes that she wants.

1 comment:

TakingMyPlace said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling well! (It makes me not feel so nervous about having another one myself.) I enjoyed reading about your first week at home. I can't believe it's been a week already!