Saturday, May 5, 2007

Sleep

Sleep was one thing that was never precious to me as a child....I didn't like to sleep, I never wanted to miss anything. As a friend used to say "When you are sleeping you can hear a pin drop!". That was then, this is now! Seven kids later I am severely sleep deprived! I daydream about sleep, crave the beast! None of my kids have ever been great sleepers as a baby. Currently baby T is teething...he wakes up about midnight and won't go back to sleep in his crib. I take him into bed with me and he tosses, turns, cries, writhing this way and that. I gave him Tylenol last night but it didn't seem to help...so I am TIRED today! What does sleep deprivation do to a person over time? Perhaps makes them mentally unable to function...hey, that describes me exactly! Besides that, my 3 year old also sleeps with us and I usually have a foot or elbow in my rib or head. My dear hubby snores like a diesel locomotive and we have a queen sized bed for the 4 or us! A king sized bed all to myself is the stuff that dreams are made of!

No comments: