Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Where is home?

Lately,I've been feeling a bit cranky about this topic. Let me explain...when I was 5 years old, my family moved into the little red brick home on Cedar Drive. This would be my home for the next 15 years. Next, after marriage, Jesse and I moved into the big old farmhouse on the hill. We lived there for 7 years until we put in our modular home down the road. We voluntarily "gave up" that home after 7 years to leave Iowa (and escape family problems) and bought a new home in Florida. This was a really nice home with a swimming pool. When the economy went south in Florida, so did our business. Thus, after 3 years, we left that home, too, as we couldn't afford the payments any longer. Now we are in a temporary home. It is a little, old Florida style farm house. I don't know where our next home will be. The carnal me wants a permanent home again. I want someplace that I don't have to leave, that I can settle in to. I want to know that this is where I'll grow old. I feel displaced and up in the air. My husband will tell you that this is a bad feeling for me. I am a planner who likes to know what the future will bring. I can only say that God is helping me cope with this. There are so many displaced people in the world, who long for their real home. That is a "forever" home. God has promised a home..."Your promises are sweet to me, sweeter than honey in my mouth." psalms119:103. This will be a home without fear, pain, tears. A home where we never have to say "Goodbye". I'm tired of saying Goodbye. My mom lives in Washington, my sister in Oregon. My dad has moved on to be with the Lord. I am resting in that promise. "In My Father's house there are many homes. If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you." John 14:2.

2 comments:

Glenda Christina said...

Awww Robin how frustrating! Maybe home is in Alaska by me??? wishful thinking!

TakingMyPlace said...

I'm so sorry, Robin! (((hugs))) Home for us is back in Arkansas. Maybe we'll get back there someday.